Welcome to home of the Stamp-Patty’s! I’m embarrassed to say that I never understood the hidden meaning of the poppy flower until recently. I volunteer once a month at a veteran’s hall serving steak dinners. I noticed a beautiful painting on the wall in the ladies room that was signed by one of the club member’s wives (Kathy L.). I approached her and complimented her on the beautiful work and told her about our new Peaceful Poppies product suite from Stampin’ Up! One thing led to another and I learned that the poppy is a military flower to signify remembrance! I immediately went to work creating projects using the poppy flowers!
The beautiful line art of this stamp image lends itself perfectly to using our Stampin’ Blends markers! I LOVE to blend colors to create deeper richer looking art work!
Due to the dark nature of the card base, I created the inside layer which includes another poppy. This inside layer will allow me to add a personal note!
Today my post is the first of several you will see over the next week or two. Today’s card was created for Kathy as she is having surgery this week and I am hoping to surprise and delight her with this project! I am remembering her and all she stands for! Get well quickly Kathy!
You Can Make It – Details!
- Card Base – Rich Razzleberry – 4-1/4″ x 11″ – scored @ 5-1/2″
- Top/Inside layers – Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Bottom Poppy Field – Whisper white – 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Using tuxedo black momento ink, I stamped the stand up/taller poppies twice.
- On the smaller/scrap piece, I stamped the poppy field image twice and then trimmed the paper around the images.
- Using Stampin’ Blends (poppy parade, daffodil delight, old olive, and granny apple green) this layer was added using dimensionals.
- I added our cotton ribbon in whisper white for an extra touch!
Supply List / Online Shopping Links
Until next time…..Happy Stamping!